Caavo is a next-generation universal remote system. In a seamless, simple way, it uses machine vision to operate all of your TV devices. With backing from marquee investors like Greylock, DCM, Sky, and Hearst, Caavo launched its first product in February 2017.
Caavo was facing the reality of San Francisco’s competitive talent market and the exorbitant costs of talent scouts for VP-level candidates. Subsequently, Co-Founder and CTO Ashish Aggarwal reached out to TapRecruit with a question. Could Caavo use traditional job boards like LinkedIn and Indeed to source VP-level talent?
In the past, Caavo had a lot of frustration sourcing inbound applicants. Like most, they found the process to be slow, inconsistent, and resulting in a low ratio of qualified candidates. When they turned to talent search firms, though, they found using them to be too expensive and slow as a holistic recruiting strategy.
With TapRecruit, Caavo identified several VP and SVP level roles in Sales, Marketing, and Quality Assurance. Then their founders used the TapRecruit Smart Editor to write job descriptions as a team and post them to LinkedIn.
Given Caavo’s previous experience with organic sourcing, they were skeptical that job content alone would adjust outcomes. But it did, despite the competitiveness of San Francisco’s talent market and the seniority of their jobs. They soon discovered that a well written and thoughtful job description is the key to robust and qualified candidates pools. And that job content really matters.
Vice President of Marketing
- 10+ years of marketing experience
- Prior experience executing a short and long-term go-to-market strategy at a high-growth consumer electronics company, ideally that has scaled to $100M in revenue and beyond
To explain, a Vice President of Marketing role with similar requirements receives 203 applications on average, 13 of which are qualified.
Vice President of Sales
- 10+ years of sales management and account management experience
- Deep relationships with national retailers including Best Buy, Costco, etc.
To explain, a Vice President of Sales role with similar requirements receives 117 applications on average, 9 of which are qualified.
“Using the TapRecruit Smart Editor helped our jobs convey our mission, goals, and requirements perfectly. In fact, the response was truly phenomenal, which I never expected from cold applications for such senior roles. Within the first week, I was interviewing highly qualified applicants who were eager and excited about the role and the company. The quality of applicants was, consequently, a transformative experience.”
– Ashish Aggarwal, CTO and Co-Founder, Caavo
How TapRecruit Helped Caavo
Caavo used the TapRecruit Smart Editor to successfully fill 14 senior and mid-level roles. Indeed, every one of the jobs they wrote with TapRecruit received qualified and diverse candidate pools. Here are the features that helped them make their hires:
TapRecruit predicts how your job will perform.
The TapRecruit Predictive score uses data science to ensure that your job will be found and understood by qualified candidates. Using the Smart Editor, Caavo was able to write jobs that score an 85+. Because of the TapRecruit guidance, Caavo could ensure that every job they posted was calibrated for SEO, content, skills, and language. TapRecruit features four kinds of guidance:
- Job Titles: Ensures that your job will be found by qualified job seekers when they search for jobs.
- Semantic Language: Avoid language or phrasing that is known to signal poorly with candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Requirements: Understand which requirement combinations are likely to confuse or dissuade candidates when they find your job.
- Content: Avoid administrative mistakes like forgetting perks or EEOC information because they are known to make job descriptions underperform.
TapRecruit Helps Teams Work Together
Job descriptions became a team effort at Caavo because of TapRecruit features like automatic revisions, personalized sharing, and automatic categorization. Consequently, the Caavo team was able to draft job content that told a clear and consistent story.
TapRecruit has Smart Salary Estimates
With salary estimates that update as you type, Caavo avoided including skills or experience that might have caused their job to be under or over their budget.
Want to learn more about TapRecruit? Schedule a Demo.